Thursday, April 16, 2009

*cross my fingers*

I'm cautiously optimistic (as are the doctors) that Dominic can come home this weekend. He's doing much better now and his appetite has returned and he's actually keeping his food in his TUMMY! He still has spit-ups and a little throw up every day, but it has improved so much =). He's looking healthier and seems happy but his soft spot is still a bit sunken in... not nearly as bad as it was, but I'm of course still concerned about it. I've pointed it out to about 4 different doctors and they don't seem at all concerned so who knows. I'm going to keep my eye on it. His poops are looking more 'normal' for a baby- less runny and more pasty which is an improvement, but they are still usually a combo of bright yellow and green. Again, Dr's aren't concerned. He was supposed to get circumsized today but the NICU got busy so they'll probably do it tomorrow morning; I sure hope so because getting that done means he can come home soon! Tomorrow (Friday the 17th) we're still supposed to room-in with him and depending on how he does he should come home Saturday or Sunday. I'm still trying VERY hard not to get too excited about this because it's twice now that he was supposed to come home and then something happened. I just hope and pray that he continues to heal and that we don't have any other issues with this (yeah right, right?)!!

Thank you everyone for your support and please continue prayers!!
Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie - good luck and thinking of you. You have a beautiful baby boy and I have my fingers crossed that he can come home with you this weekend.
    Caroline (from babycenter)

    ReplyDelete