Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Teething, Car Accident, and 6 month check-up... in that order!

*Sigh* As you may have read in my subject line, Dominic is teething. We haven't spotted any of those darling pearly whites but let me assure you of aomething: they're coming, and they must be upset about something. Our poor little Dominic who is usually so content and happy is fussy, inconsolable, and no longer sleeping through the night. Someone get me the Tequila. My little angel has become an angry little man, and I can't say I blame him. I just can't wait for those teethies to come in and give us a break! Moving on... Yes, we (I) got into a car accident. Yesterday I was driving to his 6 month appointment and a SCHOOL BUS (yes you read that right) merges right on over into me. I slamed the breaks and honked to no avail... they side swiped me starting at my Drivers side door on up. The door now has opening issues, as I like to call it. They didn't use their turn signal or warn me in any way that they were about to head on over to my spot in the right lane, so I'm hoping (and almost positive) that the insurance companies will side with me. UGH. On to the important part; no one was hurt, it wasn't a jarring crash and Dominic didn't even notice that anything had happened. So that's something new to deal with.
The exciting part- Dominic's 6 month appointment went really well!! He's on track developmentally and the Doctors are so pleased with how well he's mentally and physically developing! He now weighs 12lbs, 8oz and is 24 1/2 inches long! He's still not on the growth chart but is gaining and growing well so they're not concerned. Also, we got the go ahead to start rice and baby foods! I'm so excited that this is an option for him, and I bought his very first box of rice cereal today, I'm going to try it out tomorrow ao I'll have to post pics of his first time eating from a spoon =). It's just amazing that he's able to start at least trying solids, and at 6 months it's not even delayed! For a while the rice and baby foods aren't going to be as important nutritionally as they will be developmentally, so he'll be learning some different ways to use his mouth.

Thank you for reading, and for your continued love and support- I hope you are all doing very well =)

Stephanie&Dominic

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Dominic for starting solids, I can't wait to see pictures and all his funny faces trying out foods!! Good for him not being delayed on it, that is awesome!

    We are going thru the same thing with the teething. Good luck...its getting harder and harder...stock up on orajel!

    Hoping all goes well for you with the insurance company too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa "Perry" SchultzSeptember 2, 2009 at 4:54 PM

    I'm so glad Dominic is doing so well! He seems like such a joy in your life and you deserve such a wonderful baby boy! I'll continue to pray that he keeps gaining weight and getting stronger and stronger. I hope one day to meet him!

    ReplyDelete