Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Started feeding again today!

Dominic is 3 weeks old today and seems to be making more progress! He has pooped 4 times in the past few days (I think 4... Rick thinks 5, so I'm not sure)! This is so great that he's going more regularly now! His bile output has been improving and getting less of it, and it's also getting lighter in color. We're really hoping that with starting feeds today he can just keep improving and keep his food down. In my opinion, it's looking more promising now than it has before that he can continue eating, but we'll see with time. He's had 2 bottles today (5 cc's each) so far and hasn't had any vomit yet so I'm optimistic. I know it goes back and forth, and we've experienced that already so I don't want to get too excited about this, but I still do. =) He's looking cuter and cuter and getting nice and chubby so we're all happy about that. He's around 6 lbs 8 oz now so he's well past his birth weight.
Please keep Dominic in your prayers for fast recovery and that he'll keep pooping and for those intestines to work perfectly! Thank you so much for all the prayers and support!

Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. Holy moly what a thriving chunker!! Kyle is 6 weeks and still barely 5 pounds. I am so happy for you. You have a little fighter on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto to the comment above. get on it! thanks : )

    ReplyDelete