Monday, March 30, 2009

num num num MILK!

Hello! I have good news to report~ Dominic has been eating his milk and the Doctors are steadily increasing the amount that he gets. He started out at 5mL every 3 hours and just today was increased to 38mL every feeding!!! This is awesome and he's doing SO WELL. He hardly spits up anything when he eats (if at all) and is pooping like a little poo-champion! Some days he goes 5 times, so all the prayer for poop really worked! The Doctor spoke with me yesterday and said that if he continues to do this well he'll be home in less than 2 weeks!!!! I'm realllllllyyy trying not to get my hopes up about this because I know that anything can happen but I'm pretty darn excited. :) He should be up to full feedings within a week and I think he's going to just keep on eating like a champ. A few things we've found out about Mr. Dominic: he LOVES to be held. The nurses are all very familiar with him and have all held him PLENTY because he will let everyone in earshot know that he wants some love. I'll hold him for hours and as soon as I set him on his bed (no matter how asleep he may be) he'll start crying and fussing again... and all you have to do is put your hands under him and lift him up and he's happy as can be again. He just wants people there lovin' on him, it's so cute. When I leave the hospital I trick him into thinking he's still being held by making his blankets nice and tight around him. I honestly don't mind- I hope he stays snuggly like this because of course I love to hold him. Another thing about Dominic- he will quickly let people know when he's upset! I know all babies cry and get worked up but all the nurses comment on how Dominic rules the roost and insists on being taken care of exactly when he wants. We've got our work cut out of us!!

Ok I think that's all the updates for now- please keep praying that he continues to heal and that we can take our baby home soon! Oh- we heard that our application for orders has FINALLY been approved!!!! Now we're just waiting for them to find a job and a base for us, so JEEZE I hope it doesn't take a long time! Almost forgot- they took out his nose tube which sucked out bile from his tummy and he hasn't had any incidents and his weight is over 7 1/2 pounds now!

Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you, Stephanie!!! I'm so glad that he's doing okay and progressing so nicely! I can't wait until I get to hold him! He is sooo fricken cute. By the way...I was thinking about you today :). I can't wait to see you! I hope it's soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is sOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wonderful!!!! Im so glad!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear such good news. I'm sure you will be happy to take him home. I'm praying that Rick's orders will come soon and that you'll be able to find a house or Apt. Then to settle down once again in your own place. Loving the baby is not spoiling him. So keep on loving him. I'll be happy to meet him soon also.
    Love to all of you, Grandma G.

    ReplyDelete