Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hanging out at the Hotel

Well, Rick and I are taking it pretty easy here in Maryland and spending a lot of time at the Hotel...aka: home. We go twice weekly for NST (non-stress tests) which is where they lay me on a bed and strap on 2 devices: one measures the baby's heartbeat and movements, and one measures any contractions I may be having. He's passed all his tests so far, which means that he's 1) moving around, and 2) when he moves, his heart rate goes up and then back down when he's still. They measured my fluid levels today and I'm at 9cm. What I mean by this is my amniotic fluid- gastro babies tend to have lower fluid levels because the exposed intestines soak it up (which in turn irritates the intestines). It's bad if my levels are at 5 or below, so there's no concern in that department right now. If I were at a 5 or less, they may hook me up to IV fluids, put me on bedrest, or induce labor. It all depends on all the different variables at the time. I have my next OB and ultrasound appointments the first week of February where they'll check the growth of the baby and see if the intestines are dialated, which would be bad. I tried to get a sooner appointment but the Dr. insisted that she needed the 3 weeks (in between appt times) to check for growth, so I'll just have to deal.
I'll keep you posted if anything new comes about!

No comments:

Post a Comment