Thursday, June 25, 2009

zzzzzzzzzzz's

DOMINIC SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT FOR THE LAST 2 NIGHTS!! Ok, sorry for yelling- I just had to get that off my chest. !! . I'm here to give a HAPPY update about Dominic, which is so refreshing!
He's been allowed to eat 4 oz every feeding for about a week now and has been doing really well with it! He doesn't always eat it all which is nice that he gets to eat until he's full; that's new for him! He's still on antibiotics until tomorrow for that line infection so even though HE's sleeping through the night, I'm not because he needs a dose every 6 hours.... but at least I know he can now haha. Since he's on full feedings, He's no longer getting TPN & Lipids through his broviac- just IV fluids to keep it open in case he needs to go back on the nutrition, so hopefully they can pull that soon!
He's now off the Reglan- that's the medicine that I haven't been comfortable with since they started him on it and it's been 3 times now that his foot will vibrate (tremor) all by itself. The first time I saw this I stopped giving him the Reglan because it's known to have neurological side-effects and I don't want to take any chances. I talked to his Dr. and told him about it and he agreed that we should wean down on it. Psh- I just took it away altogether. Since then, he has been spitting up a bit more, but nothing to be concerned about and he's still keeping down the vast majority of his food, so I'm not worried.
Dominic is now talking! Ok so he's not forming words of course but he's becoming more and more vocal and it's just so cute! =) He'll look right at us and talk to us, or to strangers... whoever will listen I suppose... but it's very cool. Also, he's grabbing at his toys more and holding onto things, and really figuring out how his fingers and hands work. He's really great at grabbing onto hair and pulling it let me tell ya!

OK I'm going to go get ready for my day while he's still asleep.... Thanks for reading and please continue prayers that he keeps doing well and has no set backs!!

Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. GAHHHHHH PICTURESSSSSSSSSSSSS~!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 28 weeks pregnant and scared. My baby girl has gastroschisis. How long has Dominic been in the hospital? When did he start feeding? When did you get to hold him for the first time? Please any info will help.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete