Thursday, February 12, 2009

No amnio =(

Well, we went in yesterday to get the amnio done and the Doctor couldn't find a good pocket of fluid to draw from. Either the placenta was in the way, the intestines, or some part of the baby was just too close for comfort. She sent me on my way with orders to drink a ton of water, and to go to Labor and Delivery at 5:30pm to try to get the amnio done with another Doctor. The hope was that the water I was drinking would increase my fluid level, and that the baby would move into a better position. After waiting for hours to see this Doctor, he couldn't find a good pocket either, so no amnio was done. I am very disappointed. I should know better not to get my hopes up about this kind of stuff, but I was really ready to be in labor right now, instead of waiting to talk to the Doctor again to see what's next. I'm supposed to call back later today to see what she says, but she didn't seem real supportive of delivering at 37 weeks and I might have to be insistent. We just don't feel comfortable letting the baby stay in there with all his intestines and his stomach outside his body, because the longer that's in the amniotic fluid the more opportunity for damage there is. I don't want his bowels getting kinked or dilated if we can safely deliver instead. 37 weeks is full term and I plan on insisting to be induced soon. After 37 weeks you don't have to have an amnio done, so hopefully we can just set up a date to be induced. *sigh* It seems every step of the way, something has to come about and make this more difficult.

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers, thank you all for the support and love thus far.

Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. Make sure you push for what YOU feel comfortable with; you know your body and your baby better than anyone. I know the waiting is so hard and that whole 'drink a lot of water' never seems to work. I had amnio's with both Jordan and Haley because of my 1st pregnancy; and I literally MADE them induce at the 37 week mark both times. So much so, that they are exactly 11 months apart. The same difficulties happened and amnio's are SO not fun...

    Keep your head up, you and baby boy are almost through this! You have a lot of prayers out here for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember...you're the momma. You know what's best; if you feel uncomfortable/unsure about anything, trust yourself.

    ReplyDelete